Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

The Goldberg Variations with Jeremy Denk: Variation No. 18 & 25


Did you know there is a Billboard chart for Classical music?
If you visit the webpage of billboard, www.billboard.com, there is a section of Additional Genres among the Genre section. Today, I want to share about J.S.Bach's music which is ranked as 25th. these days.


*25th classical music is J.S.Bach's The Goldberg Variations with Jeremy Denk

Among the Goldberg Variations, today, I will cover theVariation No. 18&25.

Jeremy Denk performed this Bach's music in this album, he is well known as a reached person who is perfectly understand the Bach's music. This fame makes his album as 25th ranked.

In this youtube video, he explained some criteria about how to play, when to emphasize and what to do.
Additionally, he is telling about the base note of Bach made, as perfectly gorgeous base working(played by left hand).

With his marvelous explanation and expression, I was so moved and almost full of tear when I listening his play. There is an entire album besides, but I want to share this video for educational purpose.

Sometimes I playing the piano in my room. Usually I take mozart's, Beethoven's because I like their music so much. Even if  J.S Bach is former player, composer, sometimes I feel that Bach's music is more precise, clear. The most interesting thing is Mozart's and Beethoven's music is called by Absolute music because of their clarity and precisition. So, we can find the relativeness of music in this aspect again, and Jeremy Denk is good at this point a great amount.

I wish this post would be helpful when you are listening and playing of J.S.Bach.

No comments:

Post a Comment